I’ve been curly haired without a care for the past 2 years! Thus, I found it reasonable to present you all with 5 natural hair myths that did not become my reality!
- The Fiction: Leave the relaxers behind, and you’ll see 6 inches of growth in a month.
- The Real: My hair has grown (though shrinkage will always betray me), but not as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog and not completely due to it being chemical free.
- The Fiction: All the combs my mom broke in my hair were a sign. Natural hair needs 3+ hours a day of TLC.
- The Real: Any hair can be low or high maintenance. You are the master of your own hair routine destiny.
- The Fiction: You’ll save so much money by not paying for relaxers.
- The Real: Those nice smelling hair products most definitely are not free, but you can learn to budget and coupon.
- The Fiction: Everyone does a big chop.
- The Real: Not on my watch!
- The Fiction: Your hair will be Instagram goals with amazing curls!
- The Real: Social media will lie to you, my hair is not that long, and we all suffer from a bad twist out.
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, have an awesome rest of your day and an amazing rest of your week!