I was recently nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by one of the coolest bloggers around, Chrissy from The Unabridged Sass! Her blog is full of life tales, beauty advice, stuff to make you LOL, rad food, and just all around awesomeness which is why you should all be following it as well! Thank you so much for nominating me, Chrissy!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts about Me:
- I’m obsessed with makeup and run a primarily beauty driven blog, but I actually was not allowed to wear makeup growing up! My mom let me wear it for prom and graduation, but my full face days did not begin until about 2 and a half years ago when I started college!
- I am a junior in college. I don’t think I really ever talk about school, but it’s my life outside this blog and I’m really glad that I get to go! I am a first-generation student, which is weird since a lot of my classmates’ parents have advanced degrees and what not, but if any of you are in the same boat, hit me up (or, if you’re in school at all)!
- Office supplies are my favorite! Every year I go wild buying notebooks, pens, paper, highlighters, and the like. I even designed my own planner this semester!
- I’m learning Russian! I taught myself the alphabet and small phrases independently, studied it for a year and a half at school, and now study through Mango Languages. The first thing I got good at saying was Я плохо говорю по-русски, which pretty much means that my Russian sucks.
- I have 0 resolutions for the new year.
- I am a tiny human being. Last I checked, I’m only 4’11” tall.
- Captain America: The First Avenger is my favorite movie. While I think The Winter Soldier is technically a way better MCU film, I love the campy nature of the first movie. Everything about it is so cheesy and corny and all around extra. From the costume, to the musical, and even the action scenes, this film does the most in the best way possible! It always lifts my spirits when I’m feeling down and I’ve seen it at least 10 times!
- akachar: Charity is one of the most stylish people I’ve ever seen! She always manages to pair together outfits that give me serious outfit envy, but are actually doable if you want to steal her style. Plus, she churns out some great life inspiration posts and creates #WeekInMyLife posts which are lowkey my fave!
- Courtenay’s Beauty Box: I would describe this as a life blog, but not a “lifestyle” blog, though I’m pretty sure at some point, Courtenay referred to it as more of a diary. In addition to doing everything from beauty posts to book reviews, she also gives reflections on her life that always leave me motivated to do better for myself and be just as introspective as she is in her writing!
- Pretty Modest: Taylor has an amazing sense of style and always pulls together some of the cutest outfit combos I have ever seen (my current fave is cape and rainboots), while remaining true to herself and her values! She’s also the reason the mini Christmas tree in my apartment will be revamped to hold Valentine’s Day ornaments.
- MAHALA: Beauty lovers rejoice and prepare yourself for some of the most honest product reviews and clean photography. She has reviews on a range of high end and affordable products, and does reviews on cult classics and brands I’ve never heard of before! Plus, she’s currently trying out sheet masks and some Korean beauty products, which you should all look out for!
- Gabrielle Collected: This is another diary type blog that’s worth ya’ll’s time. There’s night routines, beauty routines, and a lot of college musings. Definitely another blog that understands the importance of self reflection and goal setting!
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, have an awesome rest of your day and an amazing rest of your week!