My name is Liv and I love to cake my face with a whole lot of makeup products! I own way too much makeup and will probably continue to own way too much for the rest of my life. The problem is, when you own loads of mascaras, lipsticks, and eyeshadows it becomes wildly difficult to actually run through them. Fortunately, I am a trooper and a believer and I’ve done it. So here is my glorious beauty trashcan!
1. St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub: It smells great and helped me through many dull skin days and left my face feeling very smooth. The downside is that it was incredibly difficult to get the exfoliating bits off of my face, so I could only use it in the shower. Plus, I always got way too close to those beads getting in my eye. I liked it well enough, but probably won’t repurchase.
2. NYX Pore Filler Primer: If you aren’t a fan of primers with that silicone texture, you’ll hate this. Fortunately, I’m all about it! It’s great to use under my most exposing foundations. The only downside is that it’s so thick that it crumbles while coming out of the tube and smears into my black denim.
3. Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Setting Spray: I did a review on this product and, upon finishing it, I still think that it’s kind of blah. It didn’t extend the life of my makeup, though it did melt it together so I looked a lot less dry and crusty than usual when wearing it!
4. Elf Makeup Mist & Set: I enjoyed this product! Instead of just using it as a setting spray, I would also use it as a primer! It leaves the skin hydrated and a bit tacky. You just spray, add your foundation on top, and you’re good to go!
5. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo: I am a terrible naturalista. Hair masks? I’ve never heard of her. Oil treatments? I don’t know her. As a result, my hair is often fairly dry. I wouldn’t say this shampoo moisturized my hair, but it definitely didn’t dry it out like others have. It also left my hair and scalp squeaky clean!
6. Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara: This used to be my all time favorite mascara. Though it claims to volumize, I love that it still allowed for length and never clumped my lashes together!
7. Eyelure Definition No. 121 Lashes: These are some of my favorite lashes and I’m so sad to throw them out. They have are nicely balanced because they grow slightly longer and denser as they fan out. They’re also great at holding their shape which allows for easy application and multiple uses. If a thin band is your thing, you might want to skip over these bad boys.
8. Eyelure Exaggerate No. 145 Lashes: The downside of online purchases is that cameras provide no size reference. These lashes are relatively full, but not as dense as I had imagined. Even worse, they’re so long that they hit my brow bone when I open my eyes fully. If you like a lash that encourages a sultry and heavy-lidded gaze, these may be your friend. For me, they were definitely a hard pass.
9. Revlon ColorStay Foundation: This is the best foundation I’ve ever tried. It’s long wearing, they have a huge color selection, they have different formulas for different skin types, and it gives medium to full coverage. This is my second bottle and I’m currently 2/3 through my third.
10. NYX HD Photogenic Concealing Wand: My number one beef with this concealer is that there isn’t enough of it in the tube! I loved this product and ran out so quickly. It leaves the skin looking healthy and hydrated, although it does crease. It blends like a dream and has left me wanting to throw all my LA Girl concealers in the trash.
11. Elf Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths: Are these the best cloths? Definitely not. Are they the best cloths I’ve ever tried at $3? Believe it! They aren’t very thick, but as long as I commit to rubbing my skin and lids in circular motions, I can take a full face of makeup off with one cloth in about 2-3 minutes. So while I can admit I’ve tried better, the price definitely keeps me coming back to these!
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, have an awesome rest of your day and an amazing rest of your week!