I am the ultimate beauty scammer! Unfortunately, the only person I’m really scamming is myself. Here are 5 of the beauty lies I tell myself.
- “I’ll wash my brushes on a weekly basis.” Does anyone who isn’t an actual makeup artist do this? My blending sponge is permanently tinted brown, my eyebrow brush is always coated in the 17,000 products I put on it, and my foundation brushes are typically so gunked up that they take forever to clean. And, yes, using these brushes is bad for my skin and overall makeup application. And, no, I am not ready to change.
- “I’ll throw out my expired makeup.” Until about a year ago, I didn’t even know makeup went bad. I saw those little jar pictures with a 36 or a 12 next to them and just thought, “wow, these brands sure love counting.” The worst is with mascara, since it has the shortest shelf life of them all. But what can I say? I’m an actual broke college student with few high end products to her name, so I’m going to use them until they’re literally dead.
- “I’m going to use a real liquid liner!” I pride myself in my wing game. I want to finish off all my eye looks with a wing so sharp, I could slice right through a watermelon with it. But, I’m still a bit of a one trick pony in terms of product. I’ve always told myself that I would try out an actual liquid liner, but I just hate putting anything wet on my eyes (read: last time I used an actual liquid liner with a pot and brush, I somehow ended up with liner in my eye).
- “My skincare routine will be the strongest in all the lands.” On my best days, I go for the makeup remover wipe, the face wash, my mask, my astringent, my toner, and my moisturizer. On my worst days, especially if I haven’t been wearing makeup, I can barely bring myself to even wash my face in the first place. I am lazy about my skincare, but I remain hopeful that one day I will pull through!
- “I’m going to be the moisturization queen.” It’s not just my face that is dehydrated; it’s my whole body! Honestly, the ash is real! Sometimes I end the day with dry skin flakes in my jeggings because my moisture game is so terrible. I even thought buying more expensive lotions would encourage me to get it together, but… pray for my legs ya’ll.
What beauty lie do you tell yourself?
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, have an awesome rest of your day and an amazing rest of your week!