I’m a bit of a commitment-phobe! At restaurants I’m always the last person to pick out my meal. It usually takes me at least 2 days to make an online purchase at Ulta. I don’t even have a formal blogging schedule, because I can’t commit to blogging two days out of the week! Yet, I for some very strange reason, decided that I would commit myself to doing blogmas this year and actually managed to pull it off! I’ve got 24 posts, put up every single day since December 1st and give my self a mental pat on the back every time I remember it! Here are the highlights of my blogmas experience, tips and tricks, and plans for my next one!
- Winter Lookbook
- Bake With Me! Sugar Cookies + More
- Liv’s Holiday Watchlist
- How I Take Great Blog Photos on a Budget
- The Secret Powers of Friendship Against the Reign of Isolation
Things I Learned:
- Take photos for multiple posts at once! The hardest thing for me is always having the pictures to go with my posts. Everything is so much easier when you have the photos for 3-4 posts in bulk and can just throw them in when you’re ready!
- Take “stock” images! Some of my posts were just ideas or thoughts, and I really wish I had more random photos to just throw in and jazz them up!
- The little schedule post option is your friend! I had finals for a week and a half during blogmas and there were some days when I was traveling. If you know you’re not going to be available to actually throw a post together, make it in advance and have it set to come out on that day!
- Something I wish I would have done was just have a few back up posts sitting around in my drafts! There was one night when I was way busier than I had planned to be and didn’t remember that I needed a post until 10PM. If only there were a random, cheesy and easy post about my favorite Christmas foods or something sitting around!
- Don’t be afraid to look on other blogs for ideas! Yes, it would be great if we were all creative enough to actually think of something new and innovative every single day, but daily blogging and general December business will frazzle your brain!
- You can do it! I really thought I wouldn’t hit all the days, but I actually did! Yes, not every post was quality, but I am very proud of the hidden gems that did arise!
- Your blog will miraculously gain more followers and views! A lot of the posts I put up catered to people outside of my normal audience and gave them an opportunity to check out my content. So, hello new people and thanks for following my blog!
Posts I Want to Do Next Year:
- Tips & Tricks for Baking the Best Cookies
- 3 Ways to Spice Up Your Hot Chocolate
- DIY Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Christmas Sweater
- Best Drugstore Makeup Gift Sets
If you blog and are interested in doing blogmas or committing to any other period of daily blogging, I definitely recommend it! Not only did it shake up my blogging routine, but it felt really good knowing that I actually could accomplish a goal if I really put my mind to it!
Have you every done a daily blogging challenge? What was your experience like?
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, have an awesome rest of your day and an amazing rest of your week!