Greetings from my makeup mountain of shame! I don’t know if you all saw the beauty empties I did last week, but after throwing that post together I gave myself a little pat on the back for truly doing the work to cleanse my makeup collection. Then I realized that I didn’t deserve a pat on the back. My little beauty draw was still stuffed full of products that either didn’t work or that I didn’t want to work with, which is why I am back for round two with this lovely (embarrassing) makeup mountain full of products that are ready for a new home (the trash can)!
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze: An oldie, but a goodie. At this point, though, it’s more old than good.
- ColourPop SuperShock Shadow in Crenshaw: Honestly, this was one of my favorite crease and all over the lid colors, but I left the lid off, so it dried out.
- NYC Trio in Streets Paved in Gold: This is just an ANCIENT trio. It’s the first eyeshadow product I ever bought and I remember it disappearing from my eyes by mid-afternoon every time I wore it.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk: I used to use this as an eyeshadow base, by I haven’t needed a white base in a while. Also, I had no clue how to sharpen it, so it’s going bye-bye!
- NYX Avant Pop Palette in Art Throb: This is actually a good palette, but I don’t actually use a lot of wild colors anymore. Rather than owning a palette full of bright colors, I’d prefer a palette full of neutral and warm shades with 2 pops of color.
- Sephora Smoky Kohl in a glittery lavender: This was given to me by a friend who had no clue what to do with it, and I also had no clue what to do with it.
- Elf Brow Pencil: Not bad, but too creamy. I did actually use it up and have just been using the spoolie, but I have a better empty pencil to use the spoolie from.
- The Color Workshop Eyeliner Pencil: It’s hard and not very pigmented, but I’ve held onto it for so long, because it was a gift from my grandma!
- NYX Eye Pencil in Lime Green: This was free with my first purchase from the NYX website and I have used it all of 3 times over the past 3 years I’ve had it.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: Great mascara! Would buy again!
- The Color Workshop Mascara: Have you ever wanted a mascara that looked like almost nothing happened when you put it on? Because that’s what this is! But it was also a gift from my grandma!
- ???? Mascara: This is the world’s most natural mascara. It made my lashes the slightest bit longer and that’s pretty much it.
- Wet N Wild Max Volume Mascara: It was fine, but the formula was super wet and the wand was plastic, which is the opposite of my mascara preference.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara: I liked it, but it’s not my favorite. It was a little bit crumbly and dried out quickly.
- Amuse Matte Liquid Liner: I liked it. It’s very pigmented and is easy to use, but dries out quickly.
- The Color Workshop Eyebrow Cake Powder: This wasn’t a gift from Grandma! This was a gift from my brother! I’ll fill in my brows with pretty much anything, so I used to love this, but I the color is a problem for 2018-me.
- ???? Eyeliner Pencil: I can’t use this nub.
- Eyelure Lash Glue: I liked it, but the Duo glue is better.
- Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner: I love a good felt tip, but I love a cream/gel eyeliner even better!
- Maybelline Matte + Poreless: This isn’t a bad foundation, but I honestly don’t believe it’s worth the hype after trying the CoverGirl Healthy Elixer which somehow controls my oil better than this and it isn’t even a matte foundation!
- Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach: I love this now that I know how to use it, but I see myself buying another in the future so I can let this one go.
- Elf Blush in Pink Passion: I’m not a blush person, and when I wear them, I prefer more coral and rosy shades. This is more of an electric pink/fuschia, and I can’t handle that.
- NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep Tan: This used to be my favorite bronzer of all time! I haven’t used it in almost a year, so I don’t know if the love is still true, but I’m willing to repurchase it and give it another chance.
- ELF Bronzer Palette: This is the palette that bamboozled me by showing darken photos of the shades on the packaging and being very light in real life, which is why I will never love or trust again.
- LA Girl Pro Conceal in Pure Beige: Too light and too drying.
- LA Girl Pro Conceal in Deep Tan: Good shade, but too drying.
- Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade: This is more of a gloss than a lipstick, but that’s not a problem for me. I’m just throwing it out, because it’s old and crusty.
- Wet N Wild Lipstick in What’s Up Doc?: This lipstick is too creamy and loves to travel into the cracks of my lips.
- NYX Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp: The formula is just okay and I don’t live for the shade.
- Wet N Wild Lipstick in Bare It all: Too dry.
- Wet N Wild Lipstick in Just Peachy: Too dry.
- Wet N Wild Lipstick in Wine Room: Too dry.
Products Up for Adoption
A majority of my products will end up in the trash, but here are the few that I plan to give to my friends who may or may not be able to find something else to do with them.
How often do you declutter?
Thanks for reading!
Until next time, have an awesome rest of your day and an amazing rest of your week!